You are here
Kora von Wittelsbach
Senior Lecturer; Co-director, Cornell-in-Turin Summer Program in Modern European Politics
K. E. Bättig von Wittelsbach is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Romance Studies. She also co-directs the Cornell-in-Turin Program in Government and Population Studies in Italy.
She is the recipient of the Carpenter Award for Distinguished Advising and the Clark Award for Distinguished Teaching. Her research interests include:
- Jewish-Italian tradition and literature;
- modern Algerian literature and intellectual history; Jews in Northern Africa;
- European politics and language standardization (esp. Italy, France, Switzerland and the Balkans);
- multilingualism and lexical interference; role of poetry in second-language acquisition;
- Italian minorities and border zone question;
- Italian-speaking communities outside of Italy
- 18th-century Franco-Italian intellectual exchange and literary influences;
- nation-building in 19th-century Italy and Germany.
Office: 127 Klarman Hall
- Jewish Studies Program
- Romance Studies
Algerian literature in French. African literature in English and French.
Italian-Jewish literature and traditions. Italian literature in the border zone.
Franco-Italian literary influences (XVIII-XX cent.).
Language standardization, language policies and Italian minorities in the Balkans.